Queensbury & Lake George NY Fall Events
Want something fun to do this month? There are always plenty of Queensbury and Lake George NY fall events for fantastic family fun!
Here are just a few of the many upcoming events that are right here in our own backyard:
- West Mountain Fall Festival – Chair lift rides, haunted hayrides, pumpkin carving, live music and more! Fun activities for the whole family. Free admission. Fri. October 13th (5-10pm), Sat. October 14th (12-10pm), Sun. October 15th (12-5pm)
- Ghost Tours at Fort William Henry – The area surrounding Fort William Henry has been the scene for countless battles, terrible disease and harsh climate. With hundreds of years of history, there are bound to be some ghost stories. Join a tour of ghostly places. See first-hand, the equipment used by investigators in their quest to research paranormal activity. Hear the stories that have been handed down over the years, as well as the personal experiences of those leading the tour. 7:30 PM at Fort William Henry Museum in Lake George. Call 518-964-6649 for reservations.
- Tours for Tots – A morning program for guardians and children ages 3 to 5. Explore the Museum’s permanent collection or exhibitions with age-appropriate gallery and art-making activities introducing young children to big ideas in art. Different topics are explored each week by use of art materials, books, and play. Thursday, Oct 12, 2017 – 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- Adirondacon Tabletop Gaming Convention – Adirondacon is the inaugural tabletop gaming convention being held in the Glens Falls/Queensbury, NY area on October 14, 2017. It is a 12-hour game day for all ages and skill levels in the Adirondack area and beyond to get together and have some fun. Organized games and game demonstrations, an open gaming area with a large lending library, play-to-win games, raffles, and door prizes. It is also an opportunity for us to raise money for our chosen charity, Extra Life to benefit the Bernard and Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center. Saturday Oct. 14th, 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM at Glens Falls Elk Lodge, 32 Cronin Road Queensbury
- 4th Annual Food & Farm Festival – The Festival will features booths from farms, food vendors, artisans, nonprofits, and more, plus demonstrations, raffles, children’s activities and live entertainment by local musicians. Sunday, October 14, 11am-4pm in Downtown Glens Falls City Park.
- Great Escape Fright Fest – The area’s largest Halloween celebration features activities for the whole family. Family/Kid-friendly activities during the day in special sections of the park. At 6pm, the ghouls take over for a more “thrilling” evening. Runs from September 30-October 29.
- First Friday Zombie Walk at the Pember and Slate Valley Museums – The Pember Library and Museum and the Slate Valley Museum are teaming up to host their Second Annual Halloween Party and Zombie Walk. ZOMBIE WALK II will take place during the October First Friday event, this year rescheduled to the second Friday of the month – October 9, from 7 to 9 pm at both museums. At the Pember, zombies can feast on “finger” sandwiches, jelly eyeballs, wormy hot dogs, bloody punch, and other delicacies of the undead. Make-up stations will be available to have you look your worst.For the Zombie Walk, zombies, partygoers and ghouls will assemble at 8PM in front of the Pember for a parade down Main Street, turn onto River Street, where they will gather strength to invade the Slate Valley Museum for a GREAT ZOMBIE BALL.
- Walker’s Annual Fall Festival – Located at Walker’s Farm, Home & Tack in Fort Ann on October 14, 10:00am – 4:00pm. Craft & Food Vendors! Bounce House for the kids! More vendors added daily!
- 4th Annual Food and Farm Festival – Join the Glens Falls Food Co-Op for it’s fourth annual Food & Farm Festival on Sunday, October 14, 11am-4pm in Downtown Glens Falls’ beautiful City Park. The Festival will features booths from farms, food vendors, artisans, nonprofits, and more, plus demonstrations, raffles, children’s activities and live entertainment by local musicians.
- The Adirondack Film Festival – Adirondack Theatre Festival (ATF) will present the 2nd Adirondack Film Festival on October 19-21, 2017 in Glens Falls. The Festival will show feature films, short films, web series, children’s films, and documentaries. In addition to film screenings, the festival will include panel discussions, meet and greet events, parties, and Q&A’s with the filmmakers and casts.
- Maze By Moonlight – Explore the maze using your flashlight as a guide at this classic fall event. The mysteries of the night surround you as you search for hidden stations in the maze to complete our Engineer a Fort Maze Quest! Cost is $10 per person; tickets available at the door. Admissions booth/maze opens at 7:00 p.m.; last ticket sold at 9:00 p.m., maze closes at 10:00 p.m. Friday, Oct 27, 2017 until Saturday, Oct 28, 2017 – 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
What Upstate NY fall festivals or events will you be attending?