Housing & Community Development
Community Development provides you with information on several housing related initiatives underway or planned for the Town of Queensbury. You can learn more by clicking on the links to Affordable Housing Opportunities Strategy, Housing Data, and Fair Housing Plan.
Here’s what you will find on our housing website:
- Affordable Housing Opportunities Strategy
- Study Data Highlights
- Executive Summary
- Housing Data & Information Links
- Fair Housing Plan
- Fair Housing Legislation
- Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968
- Affiliated Legislation and Presidential Executive Orders
- Fair Housing Officer
- Fair Housing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- What Housing Is Covered?
- What Is Prohibited?
- What are my protections if I have a disability?
- Are there instances where children are not allowed?
- Under what circumstances does housing qualify for older persons only?
- Are there any circumstances where certain persons may not be allowed in housing without violating the Fair Housing Act?
- What do I do if I think my rights have been violated?
- What happens when I file a complaint?
- What do I do if I need help quickly?
- What happens after a complaint investigation?
- What happens if the offender doesn’t comply with legal orders?
- Who do I contact for further information?