Antiquing in Queensbury
Antiquing Guide to the Queensbury Region
It’s Summer… and that Means Antiquing!
If you love antiques and one-of-a-kind items, there is nothing like the high of finding that unique find nestled in among seemingly ordinary, everyday stuff. Sure, you can hunt online for just the right item or piece to add to your collection, but nothing compares to finding a brick-and-mortar shop…poking through shelves, displays, dusty basements and display cases to find that elusive treasure. Summer is a great time to get out and hunt for that perfect piece to add to your personal collection,or to start new one!
The Queensbury, Glens Falls and Southern Warren County region has a host of fantastic antique shops and many of them are right here in our area. Want to take a tour around to see what we have to offer?
Check out these great antique and second hand shops:
- Glenwood Manor Antiques – Dubbed the oldest and largest antique center in the Glens Falls and Lake George area, this beautiful location has 3 floors and 34 rooms of antiques. Also includes a unique gift shop and an ice cream shop for the summer. Open every day 10-5. Thursdays 10-8.
- Fort Ann Antiques: The Whitehall Antique Mall – “Fun, Funky & Fabulous,” Fort Ann Antiques offers a diverse selection from over 26 vendors that provides a collection for both casual browsers and serious collectors. Open 10-5 every day.
- R&T Antiques – Queensbury’s oldest coin and jewelry store, R&T Antiques has many pieces of jewelry and rare coins available as well as a large collection of antique fishing lures and other antiques and collectibles too. Open Mon-Sat 10-6.
- Antiques Market Place – Located in Lake George, Antiques Market Place offers a selection that dates in all eras from Georgian (mid 1700s) to Mid-Century Modern (1960s) and includes all styles from traditional and formal to avant garde or country primitive. Open daily 10-5.
- Fox & The Chicken Coop – Looking to repurpose? Then you found the right shop right here in Queensbury! Open Thursdays – Saturdays 11-4 and other times by appointment.
- Antiques n This n That – Offering a wide range of eclectic antiques and decorative objects, Antiques n This n That offers paintings, furniture, porcelains, collectibles, jewelry, and vintage clothing. For more information call 518-791-1255.
- HR Tyrer Galleries – Tyrer Galleries provide auctioneer services and auctions throughout the area.Located at 170 Glen St. in Glens Falls, NY
And More Antiquing In Queensbury & Around The Region…
- Black Bass Antiques – Bolton Landing NY
- Lakeview Antiques – Bolton Landing NY
- Rose Cottage Collectibles – Whitehall NY
- The Pillars Antiques – Warrensburg NY
- Mark Lawson Antiques – Saratoga Springs NY
There’s also always a host of local garage sales going on all summer and fall as well. Check the Glens Falls Post Star Garage Sale listings, Craigs List, or just go for a weekend drive and hit the sales!
Oh…and don’t forget The World’s Largest Garage Sale in nearby Warrensburg!