Horseback Riding Near Queensbury NY
Ranches, Stables, Trail Rides Near Queensbury
What is an Upstate NY summer without a horseback ride? Our region has a long history of horseback riding, Adirondack dude ranches and ranch resort getaways. If you just want to go horseback riding, there are a number of stables offering different experiences.
Here are a few ranches, stables and trail rides to check out:
- Ruggiero’s Horseback Riding, Lake Luzerne – Located at the Painted Pony Ranch, enjoy one-hour guided horse rides for ages 7 and up, or pony rides for kids under 7. Open 9am-6pm.
- Saddle Up Stables, Lake George – One of the oldest and largest stables in the area, scenic trail rides with views overlooking Lake George leave at anytime from 9am-5pm daily. No reservations needed. Hand-led pony and horse rides available for any age.
- Bennett’s Riding Stable, Lake Luzerne – Offering various types of rides, including hourly trail rides, sunset dinner rides, breakfast rides, and a mountain ride, Bennett’s leads guided rides year round. Open daily from 9am-5pm.
- Circle B Ranch, Chestertown – Located 15 minutes from Lake George, Circle B has over 500 acres of trails, forests, and wide fields that offer beautiful mountain views. Offering horses and ponies for all ages, you can choose between a basic group ride or a private customized ride. Suitable for all levels, they have detailed instructional videos and personal guidance before each ride. For those that don’t want to ride horseback, they also offer horse-drawn rides and hayrides as well.
Want to catch a rodeo?
- Dubbed the “oldest weekly rodeo in the U.S.,” here is the Painted Pony Championship Rodeo Schedule for 2017. A Texas-style BBQ buffet is available at each Lake Luzerne show.
- The Adirondack Stampede rolls into town this November 3rd and 4th at the Glens Falls Civic Center for the 27th A PRCA rodeo that features pro rodeo’s top national and regional competitors, enhanced by a professionally produced sound show, the Stampede has become a community tradition with proceeds benefiting multiple local children’s charities.
There are also many farms in the area that breed and sell award-winning horses, as well as supply stores, carriage rides, and sanctuaries. Visit any of our great ranches and see what being an Adirondack cowboy/cowgirl is really all about!
- Things To Do In Queensbury NY
- Visiting Queensbury? Discover Theater, Arts, Culture!
- Living In Queensbury NY: Top 5 Location Facts!