Mid-Summer Fun Queensbury – Glens Falls – Lake George
If you are one of the lucky people coming to our region during the second half of the summer season, there are still plenty of things to do! Mid-summer fun in the Queensbury area offers unique things to do; there are many activities for the arts, sports, outdoors, shopping, music and entertainment in Queensbury, Glens Falls, Lake George and the Adirondacks!
Nestled at the foot of the Adirondacks, Queensbury is an ideal spot for outdoor enthusiasts, providing easy access to various-level hikes and prks. Just minutes away from beautiful Lake George, you can also enjoy boating, swimming, parasailing, shopping, fireworks, and many other lake activities, not to mention great restaurants, throughout the summer.
If you want to stay in the Queensbury region, here are just a few of the many upcoming events:
- West Mountain Scenic Chair Lift Rides & Hikes Mountain top views of the Adirondack and Vermont mountains and the Hudson River Valley region; Thursday/Friday 11-7 pm, Saturday/Sunday 10-5 pm; Adults $15, Kids $10
- If you are a grown-up, take a tour of Springbrook Hollow Farm Distillery in Queensbury! A bustling local small business, they offer tours, tastings, and even host events.
- The Glen Drive-In Theater has been showing movies since 1958. If you remember the drive-in experience from from long ago, or if you’ve never been to one, it is a unique and memorable treat.
- Fireworks on the Lake – Lake George Village; Every Thursday night until Aug 24; Nightfall; FREE
- British Music Invasion III – Charles R Wood Festival Commons, 7 pm – Tribute to the Rolling Stones
9 pm – Tribute to Led Zeppelin, $10, Children under 12 free, all proceeds benefit the Strand Theater
- Lake George Music Festival 2017 – Various Lake George Locations; Fri., Aug 1-Thurs, Aug 24; Cost Varies; See schedule here
- Lake George Bar Crawl – Centennial Fountain in Shepard Park, Lake George; Every summer weekend; 9:45pm; $15 (21 & older only)
- Hyde Collection Free Admission Day – On the second Sunday of each month, admission to the Museum is free.
- Revolution Rail – Go railbiking along the shores of the Hudson River…a unique seasonal activity! Tours available at 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, and 4:30 pm
See what makes Queensbury and our local region such a great place to visit!