38th Annual World’s LARGEST Garage Sale in Warrensburg NY- Saturday & Sunday, Sep. 30th & Oct. 1st
Kick off fall and experience the 38th Annual World’s LARGEST Garage Sale in Warrensburg NY on Saturday, September 30th and Sunday, October 1st! Come and find antiques, crafts, tools, furniture, and wicked cool trifles you never knew you needed!
This event is one of the most highly anticipated Adirondack events each year, beginning south of Lake George and following scenic Route 9 north of Warrensburg, spreading throughout the town’s residential neighborhoods and Main Street. This year’s sale will feature over 500 vendors from across the country, along with all types of delicious fares, music, and games for the kiddies!
Take a rest from shopping and quench your thirst at the Merrill Magee House in Warrensburg (3 Hudson Street), where the Adirondack Pub & Brewery will be hosting a Bier Garden, which is family-friendly with live music, draft beer trailer, and the Pub & Brewery’s food truck. The Bier Garden’s hours of operation will be Saturday from 12p – 5p and Sunday 12p – 4p.
5 Tips to Make the Most of Your World’s Largest Garage Sale Experience:
1. Have all kinds of cash on hand! The weather for the weekend is looking spectacular, so expect thousands to be out and about. Having exact change can make your check out experience quicker and much less hectic. Dig out that ole’ fanny pack and fill it with plenty of quarters, 1’s, 5’s, 10’s, and 20’s.
2. Wear comfortable clothing. Plan to walk miles! Dress in layers and wear sneakers.
3. Although the garage sale officially begins Saturday morning, there will be plenty of vendors that start on Friday, so it’s definitely worth being an early bird. The region is home to plenty of Queensbury and Lake George attractions and events to take advantage of while you wait for the sale to start.
4. Make dining reservations! If you are coming to the region for the World’s Largest Garage Sale, there will be plenty of food booths, but if you are looking to enjoy a nice dinner outside of Warrensburg, call and make a reservation at any of the several casual or fine dining Glens Falls, Lake George, or Queensbury restaurants.
5. Have a parking plan! Parking is seriously limited at this event, with Main Street parking prohibited. FREE Park & Ride will be available from the Warren County Fairgrounds and the Warrensburg JR/SR High School.
You have several options for getting into Warrensburg from I-87 the Adirondack Northway…
• Exit 22 – head north on Route 9.
• Exit 23 – Follow signs to drive towards Main Street or Park & Ride.
• Exit 24 (Bolton Landing) – Drive south on Schroon River Road to free parking or straight through into Warrensburg.
• Exit 25 (Chestertown) – Drive south on Route 8, then head south on Route 9 straight into Warrensburg.
Just keep your eyes out for Free Parking or Park & Ride! Expect some serious congestion, but a serious good time!
For lodging close to Warrensburg, check out Lake George and Queensbury hotels and motels. Coming early or staying after the World’s Largest Garage Sale? Check out area attractions and Lake George area events.
Will you be one of the several thousand visitors to Warrensburg this weekend?