Explore Queensbury Indoors!
Indoor Activities & Exploration in the Queensbury Area
While it’s true that there are many exciting outdoor activities to enjoy in our area, there are tons of other indoor activities to enjoy in Queeensbury, Glens Falls, Lake George area all year long! Any time you’re in the mood to explore Queensbury indoors, there are all types of fun, educational, and entertaining places to go and cool things to do in and around the region.
Action-packed activities such as rock climbing, go-karts, and even water slides can all be found indoors in the Queensbury area. White Water Bay is a family-friendly indoor waterpark within the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge that is open year-round. The waterpark is open to the public with day passes available for purchase, but admission is also included in all stays at the Lodge. Highlights include water slides, a lazy river, a wave station where you can take surfing lessons, and a relaxing warm spa for adults.
For thrill seekers looking to stay dry, there are a variety of locations offering indoor entertainment such as bowling, roller skating, go-karts, laser tag, and arcades.
- The Fun Spot in Queensbury offers a 1500-square-foot indoor playground for kids in addition to roller skating, an arcade, laser tag, and indoor go-karts. The nearby Adventure Family Fun Center has an indoor go-kart track, laser tag, and an arcade, as well as classic bumper cars.
- Lake George Lanes and Games, a little farther north, also features laser tag and an arcade, and open bowling, Galactic Bowling, and league programs. Looking to get that adrenaline pumping?
- While you’re in Lake George, check out the House of Frankenstein Wax Museum for a scary good time or work through puzzles to escape the rooms of Escape LG.
- For more escape room adventures, visit Tru-Escape Mystery & Escape Rooms, conveniently located within Queensbury’s Aviation Mall.
- The mall also contains plenty of stores where you can shop ‘til you drop as well as a Regal Cinemas movie theater – perfect entertainment for a rainy day.
If you’ve never been to an old-fashioned drive-in, the Glen Drive In is a not-to-be-missed experience, where they’ve been showing movies since 1958. Check this out for fun time and learn a little bit about what it was like watching the big screen outdoors!
The Queensbury area is also home to RockSport, an indoor rock climbing facility with climbing walls for everyone from beginners to experts. Shoes, harnesses, and other climbing equipment can be rented for a minimal charge. Sky Zone Trampoline Park, located near RockSport, is one of Queensbury’s newest locations for indoor fun. Visitors can buy passes to jump on wall-to-wall trampolines and try out the “ninja warrior” obstacle course.
While there’s plenty of things to do for fun, the Queensbury region isn’t short on educational, informative things to do for both kids and adults. In nearby Glens Falls, you can visit three museums and check out books and movies at Crandall Library, which hosts numerous educational special events, exhibits, and displays.
The Hyde Collection is a historic museum that has housed valuable art collections for decades, including works by Rembrandt, Marin, and Picasso. The museum holds unique special events frequently, including a monthly art and yoga workshop, open studio time, and children’s workshops for younger artists. The Hyde Collection also offers monthly in-gallery book discussions, where participants read books inspired by current exhibitions. The Chapman Museum serves up a fascinating snapshot of life in Glens Falls during the 19th century, and showcases exhibits on local architecture, historical photos, and more. Kids in particular will enjoy Glens Falls’ World Awareness Children’s Museum, an interactive museum with plenty of hands-on exhibits and special events for families to enjoy.
We’ve got you covered when it comes to fun and entertaining things to do – explore Queensbury indoors and outdoors!
You Might Also Like:
- Horseback Riding near Queensbury New York
- Antiquing in Queensbury
- Visiting Queensbury? Discover Theater, Arts, Culture!
- Queensbury Fitness: Your Healthy Lifestyle Primer!
- Interactive Visitor Maps