Queensbury Fitness: Your Healthy Lifestyle Primer!
The town of Queensbury has become increasingly synonymous with great local restaurants, craft distillers, brewers, arts, entertainment and sporting venues. People travel from across the region to take advantage of the area’s outdoor recreational opportunities, including hiking, cycling, swimming, skiing and more.
What you might not know is that residents of our area who are seeking year-round opportunities to maintain a healthy lifestyle can choose from an incredibly rich assortment of health, wellness and fitness facilities in Queensbury ! Here are some of the local fitness and healthy living businesses who can help you jumpstart your health today:
Queensbury Indoor Fitness Facilities
- Rocksport Indoor Climbing Gym and Outdoor Guide Service recently re-located and expanded its facility to 54 Carey Road. Owned and operated by two retired Queensbury teachers and avid outdoorspeople, Rocksport climbing facility encompasses nearly 8,400 square feet of space – plenty of room for climbers from as young as four years old, all the way to senior climbers. For those who want to stay limber and fit without scaling rock walls, Rocksport also offers yoga and Pilates classes. So, moms, while your kids are leaping from rock to rock, gaining balance, agility and athleticism, you can be stretching, toning and finding inner peace! Rocksport also offers guide services for outdoor hiking and rock-climbing trips, with trainers and guides who are highly trained and nationally certified.
- Anytime Fitness offers 24/7 access to their spacious well appointed studio, a Get Started Plan when you join, personal training and classes, and the latest equipment to keep you interested! Anytime Fitness in Queensbury has several personal trainers available to help you stay on track and reach your goals, as well as spin classes. Members also have access to more than 3000 locations worldwide!
- If you’re looking for a challenging workout in a supportive environment, but you only want to spend an hour doing it, Lake George CrossFit may be the answer for you. Classes focus on strength training and agility, but trainers never compromise on technique. Members are all ages, ranging from 14 years up to retirees. So, don’t be fooled that CrossFit is just a gym for bodybuilders, and don’t take our word for it. CrossFit offers a complimentary assessment and training session to anyone who wants to see if they are the best fit for you.
- Conveniently located in the Aviation Mall, Planet Fitness is open 24 hours a day Monday through Friday. Planet Fitness is home to the Judgement Free Zone ®, where you can take advantage of fitness training programs or work out on your own. Either way, staff is available to help you with anything you need in a comfortable, inclusive environment.
- Fit City in Queensbury is a 24/7 fitness facility with a fully equipped commercial weight room and separate spaces for cardio, group classes, and spin classes. Book a personal consultation to learn more about personal trainers, nutritional packages, explore a number of available classes and even schedule a massage! There are a number of different gym memberships to choose from designed to meet your needs.
- Elite Fitness offers nutritional guidance, personal training and small group training with 24/7 access. elite fitness provides a safe and clean personal training facility with a variety of equipment.
- The YMCA is is a place for the entire family, committed to the triad goals of youth development, social responsibility and healthy living. The nearby Glens Falls YMCA regularly adds new programs and innovative ways to help people achieve their health and wellness goals. In addition to fitness, the Y is known for its dedication to helping families. Their pre-school and after school programs are some of the best around. Parents can go about their work day, safe in the knowledge that their kids are learning valuable social and health-focused skills.
- Group fitness at Core of Glens Falls combines a concert like atmosphere with professionals who can offer you a revolutionary fitness experience. at Core, Les Mills group fitness classes, a dynamic group fitness studio and a professional sound system designed to give you an exceptional musical experience will maximize your workout. Livestrong bikes are equipped with Green Revolution generators, capturing the energy created by class participants and converting it to clean, renewable electricity that can be used to power all aspects of the studio.
Part of staying fit is making sure that everything remains in working order! There are a number of physical therapy offices and specialists in the Queensbury area to keep you in tip top shape. Here are just a few:
- Capital Area Physical Therapy and Wellness
- Innova Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic and Spine Physical Therapy, PC
- Local Motion Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic & Sports Rehabilitation
- North Country Orthopedic Specialists
Food For Thought
Proper nutrition goes hand in hand with physical activity as a path to health and wellness. If you live, play or work in Queensbury, you don’t have to go far to satisfy your appetite for healthy food.
- Winter Indoor Farmers Market is located nearby at the Sanford St. School in Glens Falls. If you’ve been craving fresh, local food, the indoor market will remain open through April 25 before it moves back outdoors on South Street.
- Local Harvest is the Queensbury farmers market, a great place to support local food growers and producers and find the freshest foods. Fresh and local food lovers can take advantage of this wonderful resource on Mondays from 3 pm to 6 pm, June through October.
- FX3 Fit Food Fast:him When you want to eat out, but eat healthy, there’s a great option located on 682 Upper Glen Street in Queensbury. FX3 Fit Food Fast offers a menu that, as its website says, is “redefining the fast food/casual dining experience him.” Items such as lean burgers, locally produced veggies, healthy wraps, salads and energy bowls are just some of the enticing options to choose from. There are also plenty of gluten-free and vegan options, as well as yummy and healthy options on the kids’ menu. FX3 also has its own app that people can use to easily place their food orders and pick them up in-store or at the convenient drive-up window.
Exercise R and R!
Part of a well-rounded health and wellness lifestyle must include time to decompress and indulge the body, mind and soul through passive activities such as massage, meditation and – in the case of injuries – physical therapy, chiropractic care and other rehabilitative pursuits.
There are plenty of massage therapists in Queensbury to choose from, with many specializing in a particular school of treatment or focusing on a specific type of client. For example:
- Body Relief Day Spa offers a whole range of services, from Swedish, shiatsu and deep tissue massage to cupping, a treatment made popular during the recent Olympics. Voted Best in the Region from 2009 through 2016 by readers of the Post Star, come in for an hour or an entire day to take advantage of the many services offered by the Spa. You’ll leave feeling refreshed, relaxed and ready to take on the world.
- Rejuvenations Spa Services offers professional spa services in a personalized setting with a number of experienced spa therapists. Spa services include deep tissue and hot stone massages as well as reflexology. you can treat yourself to a manicure, pedicure, and a number of other spa services during your visit.
So, whether you’re looking for food, fitness or physical therapy, you won’t have far to go. Stay in Queensbury, and live well and prosper!
- Queensbury Hiking, Biking, and Walking Trails
- Town of Queensbury Interactive Maps
- Queensbury Parks & Recreation