It’s Time for the 50th Annual Adirondack Balloon Festival in Queensbury!
Beautiful blue skies filled with colorful balloons are something to look forward to at the Adirondack Balloon Festival in Queensbury!
This incredible festival was brought to life in the 1970s by Walter Grishkot. At the time Warren County’s tourism and publicity office was searching for a special event for Labor Day and the timing was impeccable.
Around the same time, John Marsden was a resident from Manchester, VT, and had pictures of his balloon which he shared with residents in Glen Falls. By the time the photos reached Grishkot, he immediately fell in love with the idea and the festival was born and has been going strong ever since!
Today, the Adirondack Balloon Festival is a not-for-profit organization that is run by volunteers. Local businesses and the community support the festival and admission is always FREE. However, you can proudly get involved by purchasing merchandise and other while attending the festival.
This exciting festival attracts internationally based pilots and balloonists from across the United States. The event also captures the attention of visitors near and far. The festival has become so popular that more than 150,000 people are expected during the event. The Adirondack Balloon Festival has been listed as one of the Top 100 Events in North America. Chances are you have heard about it on the Food Network, in the New York Times, the Weather Channel, and other media sources.
Adirondack Balloon Festival Dates & Location
- Dates: September 21 -24, 2023
- Location: Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport, 443 Queensbury Ave, Queensbury, NY. & Crandall Park 600 Glen Street, Glens Falls, NY.
- Official Website: https://www.adirondackballoonfest.org
- View Schedule of Events
Note: Traffic from the south will enter the Ridge Road access road and use the runway parking. However, traffic from the north as well as handicapped parking, will enter from Hicks Road and get directed to appropriate parking locations.
Keep in mind due to the success of this festival traffic gets congested and requires patience when navigating to and from the location.
Parking and Admission
- Admission is FREE
- Parking is FREE
- VIP parking passes are available to purchase online.
- Handicapped parking is available in the General and VIP parking areas.
- Peak Times – 5 am to 9 am and 3 pm to 8 pm
Festival activities to look forward to include the following:
- Arts and crafts vendors
- Food vendors
- Kids activities
- Balloon flights (weather permitting)
- Simultaneous balloon flights
- Private balloon rides (need to schedule ahead)
- Musical performances
Plus much more!
- No camping permitted
- No dogs or pets
- No drones or remote-controlled aircraft
- No smoking
- Bring your own lawn chairs, coolers, and blankets.
- Dress in layers due to temperature changes throughout the day.
- Bring a flashlight with you if you plan to be at the festival during the evening moonglow.
All activities regarding the balloons are dependent on the weather. Ideal conditions for balloons to take flight are wind speeds of 3 to 5 MPH and no rain. Safety always comes first at this beautiful festival!
Are you planning to attend the 2023 Adirondack Balloon Festival in Queensbury, NY? See you there!