Receiver of Taxes
In compliance with the current Town of Queensbury “COVID-19 Pandemic Response Plan”, the Tax Receiver’s office is advising customers to utilize the following payment options:
U.S. Mail – The payment must be received prior to the due date or have a U.S. Postmark of such date. Metered mail must be received in the office prior to the due date or is subject to penalty. **Please note: if paying via your online banking, please schedule the payment 10 days prior to the due date, as these envelopes arrive without a postmark and will be subject to penalty.**
Silver Depository Box located on the outside of the Town Hall building, next to the Town Clerk Entrance. Payments must be in a sealed envelope with a check or money order and the ENTIRE bill(s) that you are paying. A paid receipt will be promptly mailed to you.
On-line School Tax payments can be made through our website. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the link – Pay Your Taxes Online with a Debit/Credit Card. This link also allows for customers to pay via E-Check. You will need to supply your banking institutions information with this option. Third party fees are as follows:
- Flat E-Check – Convenience Fee of $1.75
- (LAST DAY FOR E-CHECKS IS 10/31/20 – 6 P.M. EST)
- Flat Visa Debit – Convenience Fee of $3.95, or
- MasterCard, Visa & Discover Credit Charge – 2.45% Convenience Fee
If your ONLY OPTION is to pay in CASH, our office is open from 8:15am to 3:45pm. All CDC Guidelines MUST BE FOLLOWED. (These include masks, signing in at the SECURITY DESK, and having your temperature taken.)
If you have any questions regarding these payment options, please contact our office at (518)761-8237. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are striving to provide the best customer service.
Town of Queensbury Receiver of Taxes
The Receiver of Taxes Office is run by the Town Clerk and two full time Deputies. The Receiver is charged with the responsibility to collect all current Town and County taxes, School taxes for public schools within our jurisdiction, and quarterly water/sewer billing. The tax office also answers numerous requests for tax and property information as well as providing escrow information to lending institutions.
The Tax Receiver’s Office is located within the Town of Queensbury Town Hall at 742 Bay Road, Queensbury, NY. We are open Monday – Friday from 8:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. to field phone calls.
- Mail in your payment Make your check payable to “Caroline Barber, Receiver of Taxes” and PLEASE enclose the entire bill when paying a tax bill, and the bottom portion of your bill when paying a utility bill. Mail payments to: Receiver of Taxes, 742 Bay Road, Queensbury, NY 12804.
- POSTMARKS: New York State Real Property Tax Laws govern tax collection. The United States Post Office Postmark date determines whether a payment is on time. Any payment postmarked on or before the due date will be considered timely. It is strongly suggested, if payment is mailed on the due date, to walk into the Post Office and have the date hand stamped by a Postal Employee.
- METERED MAIL: Tax payments delivered by the U.S. Postal Service after the due date that do not contain an official U.S. Post Office Postmark but rather a “postage meter” mark are not considered timely; the received date will be used at the date of the payment.
- Pay online If you wish to pay the Town and County taxes or the School taxes with a credit card or electronic check, you may do so by clicking on the link below “Pay your Taxes online with a debit or credit card“. We can only accept payments during our designated collection periods. There is a convenience fee of 2.45% on all online payments using a credit card, a flat convenience fee of $3.95 for payment with a Visa Debit, and a $1.75 convenience fee for an electronic check.
- **We now have the capability to accept Utility bill payments online as well.** You may do so by clicking on the link below “Pay your Utility bill online with a debit or credit card” There is a convenience fee of 2.45% on all online payments using a credit card (with a minimum fee of $1.75), and a flat convenience fee of $3.95 for payment with a Visa Debit card.
- ACH Bank draft for Quarterly Utility Billing If you wish to enroll in automatic bank draft payments for your quarterly bills, you may do so by filling out the form provided below “Automatic Bank Draft Authorization Form“. Once this form is completed, it must be mailed in with a copy of a voided check from the account that you are authorizing the withdrawal. The Quarters in which regular billing occur are: February, May, August, and November. Bank draft paperwork MUST be received in our office by the 15th of the prior month to set up this service. Once enrolled, you will still receive a statement of your quarterly bill, and the balance due will be withdrawn from your banking institution of the 15th of each of those months (February, May, August, and November). It should be noted, if you decide to no longer use this service or if you sell your home, it is imperative to contact our office to submit a removal form and prevent further processing.
- Depository Box An additional option for payment is our after business hours secure depository drop box located outside the Town Office Building. You may place a check or money order ONLY – in a sealed envelope with your payment stub in this depository. Please note that any payments retrieved from the drop box before 8 AM each day will be credited to the previous business day.
Copies of Tax Bills and/or Receipts
If you need a copy of a Town & County or School tax bill or receipt (which was paid at the Town of Queensbury), please click on the link below, “Search Your Tax History“. The search criteria defaults to our most current collection period. If you need details from a prior collection, click on the grey drop down arrow and select the correct one. Once you are on the collection period you need, only enter one of the search criteria to bring up your bill/receipt. Example: By Property Address, only enter the street # and street name (742 Bay). Do not enter Street, Road, Avenue, Court, etc. Example: By Owner Name, enter your Last Name and search. This will provide a list of all properties with that last name. Select which bill/receipt coincides with your property. Example: By Tax Map # , enter all characters of the number included (.) dots and (-) dashes. Example: By Bill #, this search can only be used if you know your current bill number. The bill number changes with every collection period and is a 4 or 5 digit number.
- Automatic Bank Draft Authorization Form (Word Doc)
- Automatic Bank Draft Authorization Form (PDF)
- Pay your Taxes online with a debit or credit card
- Search Your Tax History
- View utility payment history and consumption
- Pay your Utility bill online with a debit or credit card