Queensbury Town Clerk
Effective May 19, 2021 the Town Clerk’s Office will be open for essential transactions. In person transactions require check in at the Security Entrance and current CDC Guidelines must be followed. Wait times may vary.
*** Checks must be written in BLUE or BLACK INK only. ***
The following options are available for transactions:
- There is a silver depository box located outside the entrance to the Town Clerk’s Office. This can be used to submit Dog Renewals/Licenses. Payments must be placed in a sealed envelope with proper documentation (copy of rabies information if needed and renewal/license form.) It would be helpful if contact information is also provided, such as a phone number, in case we have any questions in regards to the transaction.
**Effective June 1st, 2021, please be advised that dog license fees will be increasing slightly. On May 3rd, 2021 the Queensbury Town Board
adopted Local Law 3 of 2021 implementing a new fee schedule. The updated fee schedule is as follows:
Senior Discount (65 & older):
Please Note: There will be a $3.00 replacement tag fee in the event of a lost tag
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 518- 761-8235 or 518- 761-8236.
- If you need to purchase a Fishing License, please see refer to the information below on how to purchase one directly from the DEC.
- If you have a Vital Records request (ex. Copies of Births, Deaths, Marriages), please call in advance to confirm that we have it on file in our office. We will then make arrangements to process such request.
Sporting License Expiration Dates
Please note that there has not been any change to the need for a sporting license or has there been an extension of expiration dates on these licenses. While we understand that most agents are not available to perform these transactions, customers can order or renew through our call center or online. When ordering through our call center (1-866-933-2257, M-F, 8:30-4:30), customers will be given their transaction number which they can write down and take with them and use as a license or registration when freshwater or saltwater fishing, respectively. If licenses are ordered online, customers have the option to have a license sent by mail and/or, in the case of fishing licenses and trapping licenses, to print it themselves immediately. Customers still have the option to write down their transaction number for a freshwater fishing license and a marine registry when buying online. http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/fishing.html
Thanks, and we appreciate your cooperation.
***24-HOUR APPOINTMENTS IN ADVANCE ARE PREFERRED FOR MARRIAGE LICENSES BUT NO LONGER MANDATORY. TO AVOID ANY CONFLICT OR WAIT TIME, PLEASE CALL (518) 761-8235 or (518) 761-8236.
The Queensbury Town Clerk’s office is responsible for:
- Town records
- Marriage Licenses
- Death and birth records for the Town of Queensbury
- Processing of Handicap Parking Permits/Temporary and Permanent
- Scheduling of Banner requests
- Processing of FOIL requests
- Sale of Conservation Licenses (Hunting, Fishing)
- Dog Licenses
- CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A FOIL REQUEST
For the convenience of our residents there is a drop box located on the front of the Town Office Building at the Town Clerk’s Office entrance. The after hours drop box can be used for taxes, water rents and any materials that need to be at a department the next business day.
The Town of Queensbury encourages employees as well as citizens to report any misuse of taxpayer’s funds or any inefficiencies or illegalities observed. The locked box is located inside the Town Building within the entrance alcove nearest the Town Clerk’s Office. This box is opened monthly in the presence of two department heads.