Home | Documents | Events Calendar | Hours | Directions | Contact | 518-761-8200 742 Bay Rd. Queensbury, NY 12804 Instagram

Town Clerk FAQ

If you can not find the answer to your question below, please feel free to contact us directly.

If you are in need of records on file in the Town of Queensbury such as Building Permits etc please contact the Town Clerk. Many items such as Board Minutes are available on this site.

FOIL applications are available on the home page at www.queensbury.net. Please be aware that FOIL requests for Town emails will be subject to additional charges. This is due to the fact that the Town must hire a vendor to prepare the query of emails in response to the request. The third party vendor charges the Town $95.00 per hour and the charges incurred will be the responsibility of the requestor.

Below is the fee schedule for FOIL requests that are requested and provided in paper form:

Page Size Cost Per Page
Up to 9” x 14” $.25
11” x 17” $.30
18” x 24” $2.00
24” x 36” $4.00
36” x 42” $6.00

Last Updated on Friday, 16 April 2010 12:42

Who is eligible for use of placement of banners at Bay and Quaker?

Only Not for profit organizations can use this site

Who do I contact for placement?

Contact the Town Clerk’s Office, please note that the site availability is limited

What size of banner is required for this site?

Banners must be 30’ x 4’ with slits and grommets

Last Updated on Friday, 16 April 2010 09:58

The permits for putting your Boat on Lake George can be obtained at this office.

Last Updated on Friday, 16 April 2010 09:58

When do you need to have a Dog License?

Dogs by New York State Law must be licensed by the age of 4 months.

What do I have to bring into the office to license a dog?

You must have an updated rabies vaccination slip, listing the date of vaccination, name of vaccine, vaccine lot number and rabies tag number.

If the dog is spayed or neutered you must bring in the proof from the vet.

How often do I license my dog?

Dog Licenses expire one year from date of issue.

Cost of License?
$10.00  Spayed or Neutered
$15.00  NOT Spayed or Neutered

Senior Citizen Fee (65 years or older
$5.00  Spayed or Neutered
$10.00  NOT Spayed or Neutered

Last Updated on June 1, 2021

Where can I apply for a Hunting or Fishing License?

There are many outlets for applying for a hunting or fishing license, such as the Town and City Clerk’s Office.

What do I need to bring to apply for a license?

If this is the first time applying, you will need your hunter’s safety certificate.

If you are an existing hunter in the ENCON Licensing System you only need to supply the issuing clerk with a driver’s license or a copy of your hunting license.

At what age do I need a fishing license?

16 years old

For any questions regarding ENCON Licensing please contact our office at 518-761-8234

Fees: NY State Pricing

Last Updated on Friday, 16 April 2010 10:00

Where do I obtain a handicapped parking permit?

Handicapped permits can be obtained from your local town or city clerk’s office.

What do I need to obtain a handicapped parking permit?

You may obtain a form from the town or city clerk’s office to be filled out by you physician or a script from your physician can be used.

What is the fee for a handicapped placard?

A handicapped placard is free and can be used in any vehicle that the handicapped person is in.

Where can I obtain a handicapped license plate?

Handicapped motor vehicle plates can be obtained from Warren County Motor Vehicles Office, please contact Warren County Motor Vehicle Office for fee schedule.

Last Updated on Friday, 16 April 2010 09:59

Where can a Marriage License be obtained?

To be married in New York State you must obtain your license in New York State. Licenses my be obtained from any town or city clerk in New York State. Both the bride and groom must be present to sign the application for a marriage license. A representative cannot apply for a license on behalf of the bride and groom.

Validity of License?

The license is good twenty four hours after issuance and is valid for sixty days.

Cost of License?

The Town of Queensbury fee for a license is $40.00

What is the age requirement?

If either party is under 14 years of age a marriage license cannot be issued.
If either is 14 or 15 written consent of both parents and a Justice of the Supreme Court or Judge of the Family Court having jurisdiction of the town or city in which the application is made.
If either applicant is 16 or 17 years of age they must have written consent of both parents.
If both applicants are 18 no consents are required.
One parent may consent to a minor’s marriage if:
A parent has been missing for one year preceding the application.
The parents are divorced and the consenting parent was given sole custody of the child when the divorce decree was awarded.
The other parent has been judged incompetent
The other parent is deceased
Parents, guardians or other people consenting to the marriage of a minor must personally appear and acknowledge or execute their consent before the town or city clerk.
If a notarized affidavit is made before an official outside of the State of New York it must be accompanied by a certificate of authentication when the consent is filed in New York State.
What paper must be presented for marriage license?

Certified copies of birth certificates and photo ID’s
If there have been previous marriages the applicant must provide all divorce decrees or certificate of dissolution.

Who cannot be married?

A marriage cannot take place in New York State between an ancestor or descendant, a brother and sister full or half blood, an uncle and niece or an aunt and nephew regardless of whether or not these person are legitimate or illegitimate offspring.

Where can a marriage take place and who can perform the marriage?

A license obtained in New York State can be used anywhere in New York State.
To be valid the marriage ceremony must be performed by any individuals
Specified in Section 11 of the New York State Domestic Relations Law which include: former mayor, city clerk or one of the deputy city clerks of a city of more than one million inhabitants, marriage officer appointed by town or village board, justice or judge of US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the US District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern or Western Districts of New York, the NYS Court of Appeals, the Appellate Division of the NYS Supreme Court, the NYS Supreme Court the Court of Claims, the Family Court, A Surrogates Court, the Civil and Criminals Courts of New York City and other courts of record, a village, town or county justice, a member of the clergy or minister who has officially ordained and granted authority to perform marriage ceremonies from a governing church, a member of the clergy or minister who is not authorized by a governing church body but who has been chosen by a spiritual group to preside over their spiritual affairs, other officiants as specified by Section 11 of the Domestic Relations Law.

Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 January 2012 13:27