Important Notices: Work Notice: Luzerne Road Culvert Replacement Project LEARN MORE
Home | Documents | Events Calendar | Hours | Directions | Contact | 518-761-8200 742 Bay Rd. Queensbury, NY 12804 Instagram

Frequently Asked Questions

When will I get my bill?

Town and County tax bills are mailed out at the very end of December and should be received by the end of the first week in January.  School tax bills are mailed out at the very end of August and should be received by the end of the first week in September.  If you are in an escrow account, you will not receive a bill; only a receipt. Utility bills should be received by the 5th of the month for each of the quarters: February, May, August, and November.

What if I didn’t receive my tax bill?

If you have an escrow account, you do not receive a bill; your bank does. You will still get a receipt once it is paid. If you are not in an escrow account and have not received a bill by the end of the first week in January for Town and County taxes, or by the end of the first week of September for School taxes, please contact the Receivers’ Department at (518)761-8237 so that a duplicate can be mailed to you OR go to the Receiver of Taxes home page on the website and follow the instructions of how to search and print out a bill or receipt. NOTE: Under NYS Real Property Law you are responsible for tax payment whether you receive the bill or not.

I sold my home and have moved, but still received the bill. What should I do?

The bill belongs to the new owner and should either be returned to the Tax Receiver’s office with the new owner’s name, or the bill should be forwarded directly to the new owner. **As a guideline, it generally takes 6 to 8 weeks following a transfer or sale for the new owner’s information to be processed through the Assessor’s Office and then the Tax Receiver’s Office.**

The bill was sent to me, but I have an escrow account with a bank.

In this case, you should mail or take the bill to the bank responsible for payment.

I have paid off my mortgage and want the tax bill sent to my home. What should I do?

Please contact the Receiver of Taxes office, (518)761-8237, to verify that we have been notified of the change. It generally takes one collection cycle for banking institutions to update and remove their request of your bill. Our office may not be aware of the change, and the tax bill may continue to go to the requesting bank.  NOTE: Under NYS Real Property Law you are responsible for tax payment whether you receive the bill or not.

How do I get my address changed on my tax bill?

The Tax Receiver’s office does not handle address changes. If you would like to change the mailing address for your tax bill(s), please contact the Town of Queensbury’s Assessor Office at (518)761-8244.

What do I do in the event of a name change (Death, Marriage, etc.)?

To change a name or remove a name from the tax bill, bring legal documentation (death certificate, marriage license, etc.) to the Assessor’s Office at the Town Hall so that records may be changed.

Did I receive my exemption (Veterans, Senior, STAR)?

Exemptions will be noted on your bill under “Exemption”, generally in the upper right hand section of your bill. The “STAR” exemption stands for “School Tax Relief” and is therefore only found on the School tax bill. All exemptions are handled through the Assessor’s Office. For more information, or questions about renewal of exemptions, please call (518)761-8244.

Request for mailing duplicate tax bills – Senior Citizens & Disabled Persons

New York State law provides that if you are age 65 or over or disabled and you own residential property consisting of a 1, 2, or 3 family dwelling unit, you can designate an adult third party to receive a duplicate of your Town and County and School tax bills. Please call the Receiver’s office for a copy of the application form (RP-923) at (518)761-8237. You and the person you designate must both sign the application and file it with the Receiver of Taxes. Please note that original signatures are required, so applications must be delivered by mail or in person to the address listed on the form.  Once the application is approved and filed, a duplicate of your subsequent Town and County and School tax bills will be mailed tot he third party until you notify us otherwise.

Delinquent Taxes

Questions in regards to delinquent taxes should be addressed to the Warren County Treasurer’s Office at (518)761-6375.