Planning Review Process and Applications
Application Processing and Instructions
All applications submitted to the Town of Queensbury Zoning Board of Appeals and Planning Board are subject to the following review process:
- Pre-Application meeting to determine necessity and requirements for the project (Site Plan Review, Subdivision, Area, or Use variance). Please call to arrange an appointment.
- Submittal of complete application, (One(1) original and fourteen (14) copies for the Planning Board, OR One(1) original and fourteen (14) copies for the ZBA) by submission deadline day. The deadline day is the 15th day of the month or the next business day following the 15th. The applications available for printing directly from this web-page are listed below under forms. Any application not listed are currently only available in our office.
- Determination of application completeness/review by Staff. All necessary information and appropriate fee(s) must be submitted in order to be placed on an agenda. Incomplete applications will not be considered for placement on any agenda until all required information has been supplied.
- Referral to the Warren County Planning Department, if applicable as determined by staff.
- Referral to Town Designated Engineer as determined by staff.
- Planning Board meeting – generally the 3rd and 4th Tuesday of each month, or the Zoning Board of Appeals meeting – generally the 3rd and 4th Wednesday of each month. You will be advised in writing as to which meeting to attend.
Following the meeting, you will be provided with a copy of the resolution stating the Board’s decision on your application and conditions of approval. If your application was approved, the next step would be an application for a building permit. If your application was approved with conditions and/or changes, updated plans/drawings must be provided for the next phase of review.
Applicants are responsible for: meeting the requirements of the applicable regulations, fees associated with the applications, engineering review fees incurred by the Town, and payment other impact fees (i.e., recreation fees). Consult staff for additional information.