The Queensbury Corridor: Exits 18, 19, and 20 of the Adirondack Northway (I-87)
What is the Queensbury Corridor?
The Adirondack Northway (Interstate 87) runs through the eastern half of the Adirondack Park from Albany NY to the Canadian Border. The Queensbury Corridor of the Northway is accessed from exits 18, 19, and 20. These exits provide distinct admission to different sections of Queensbury, Glens Falls, and Lake George. If you are moving to the area or vacationing in Lake George NY or the Southern Adirondack Region, knowing what is available in the area can be very helpful when planning your vacation or move.
Exit 18 Adirondack Northway (I87)
- This southern Queensbury exit provides quick access to several medical facilities including Glens Falls Hospital (located two miles east off of the exit) and the new Hudson Headwaters Health Network Complex (located a half mile west off of the exit).
- The West Mountain Ski Center is located a few miles west off exit 18. West Mountain is an enjoyable family skiing destination with over 30 trails, ranging from beginner to challenging, super-fun tubing, and amazing views of the Adirondacks!
- Several local favorite restaurants in Queensbury are located just off of this exit, along with plenty of gas stations, pharmacies, and Queensbury business services.
- The Glens Falls Civic Center, located two miles from the Northway is the Southern Adirondack and Hudson Valley’s top venue for hockey games, concerts, sports events and more!
- Cooper’s Cave, one of the caves that inspired James Fenimore Cooper to write the famous novel, The Last of the Mohicans, is located near the Glens Falls Civic Center. Bridge, which connects the Village of South Glens Falls and the City of Glens Falls.
- This exit also provides the speediest access to Downtown Glens Falls NY, where you can explore the colorful history of the area at the Chapman Historical Museum and the world renowned Hyde Museum, the Crandall Library and a surprisingly diverse selection of great restaurants and lodging.
Exit 19 Adirondack Northway (I87)
- This is considered the main exit to access Queensbury shopping, restaurants, and businesses. Here you will find the most options for dining in Queensbury, from popular chain restaurants galore to cafes, diners, and ethnic cuisine.
- Directly east off of exit 19, the Aviation Mall provides convenient shopping with several familiar department stores and a movie theater.
- Several strip malls located just a half-mile east from the exit also provide many opportunities for shopping and dining, and several Queensbury hotels and motels can be found here.
- SUNY Adirondack College in Queensbury, part of the renowned and largest university system in the country is located just off of this exit and offers the full college experience, offering four and two-year degrees.
- The Queensbury Union Free School District complex is located right off of exit 19.
Exit 20 Adirondack Northway (I87)
- If shopping is your aim, drive no further than Exit 20 of the Adirondack Northway. The Factory Outlets of Lake George are located directly off of the exit and feature name brands stores such as Coach, J. Crew, Under Armour, L.L. Bean, and much, much more!
- Six Flags Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom and the Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park are popular family attractions in Queensbury and are located less than a mile from the exit.
- Exit 20 has multiple recreational facilities including:
- Scenic Rush Pond Trail is just off Exit 20, offering 2+ miles of scenic walking, hiking, snowshoeing and cross country trails.
- Here you will also find the Gurney Lane Recreation Area, including the Gurney Lane Mountain Bike Trails, with single tracks for biking and hiking.
- Jenkinsville Softball/Soccer Park and athletic fields
- The Glen Lake Canoe Launch is a free boat launch site for canoes and car-top boats and picnic tables. (Visit the Queensbury Parks & Recreation Department website for more information!)
- People flock from all over the world to vacation in Lake George NY and Exit 20 offers several options for dining, shopping, and lodging accommodations in Queensbury or Lake George, considered the “Adirondack Gateway Region.”
- This exit provides easy access to famous Lake George NY – vacation destination of the Southern Adirondacks!
- The Warren County Municipal Complex is located just off of Exit 20 and houses all of the Warren County government offices.
You can use any exit of The Queensbury Corridor to visit any of the quaint towns that make up the Southern Adirondack and Hudson Valley Regions.