Fair Housing Plan
The Town of Queensbury takes affirmative action to further Fair Housing Legislation.
Queensbury’s Fair Housing Plan requires that the Town:
- Appoint a Fair Housing Officer knowledgeable in the fair housing provisions of Federal, State and local laws;
- Conduct an analysis of barriers to equal housing opportunity (as per 24 CFR part 570.904(c));
- Develop a strategy to overcome any barriers;
- Review local policy for impact on housing choice;
- Compile Fair Housing information and make it available to interested persons;
- Disseminate information and answer questions relating to fair housing laws;
- Assist aggrieved persons;
- Refer discrimination complaints to appropriate Federal or State agencies;
- Maintain a record of actions taken pursuant to this Plan;
- This Plan and related documents shall be posted in the Town Hall; and
- The Community Development Office shall advertise annually in the official newspaper the name and address of the Queensbury Fair Housing Officer.
The Town of Queensbury Housing Website fulfills many of these affirmative action mandates.