Recyclables Must Be Clean and Sorted
The following recyclables are accepted at No Charge.
- Plastics – Numbers 1-5, must be clean. No flower pots, oil or anti-freeze containers. No aluminum foil or cans.
- Tin and Aluminum Cans – Must be clean.
- Clear Glass – Must be clean, lids can go with tin cans.
- Colored Glass – Must be clean, lids can go with tin cans.
- Newspaper & Flyers – Must be clean and dry, no paper or plastic bags.
- Corrugated Cardboard – Must be dry, neatly flattened. No pizza boxes, box board, cardboard tubes, waxed cardboard, Styrofoam or plastic packing material. Boxes should be flattened before coming to the transfer station.
- Magazines, Junk Mail & Office Paper – Must be dry, no paper or plastic
bags, box board, manilla envelopes or hard cover books.
- Household Batteries – Must be loose, no containers or bags.
- Automotive Batteries
*Large commercial loads of corrugated cardboard should be delivered to the recycling center on Lower Warren Street, Queensbury (Location of the old Ciba-Geigy Plant)
The Town of Queensbury encourages recycling. Attendants at the Transfer Stations will be happy to advise you on how to sort your recyclables.